Thursday, February 11, 2010

Four days in South East England

Four days in South East England

Greenwich Observatory London Natural Hisotry Museum

London Science Museum Dover Castle

In October, my friend Patrick came to visit from South Africa for a couple of days.  I’d always promised that I’d start posting about our four days together when I finished blogging about New York and we all know how that went!  Thankfully, the weather was abysmal for most of his time here except for the first afternoon, so hopefully the photos won’t look too incongruously sunny!

Patrick’s primary purpose for being in London was to visit The Amazing Meeting which was a sceptic's conference.  Personally, I believe that sceptics apply as much magical thinking, zealousness and blind faith to their beliefs as do the spiritual and religious people they mock but Patrick and I don’t let that get in the way of our friendship!

I’ll try not to let my posting of the four days that we spent travelling around drag on for too long.  Patrick is hoping to come back in September after all!

Over the next week or so I’ll post about our trips to:

  • Greenwich Observatory
  • London Science Museum
  • London Natural History Museum
  • Dover Castle
  • Wicked

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment