Monday, February 15, 2010

August 5th Fiji fishing charter

August 5th Fiji fishing charter
I was sitting in my new tackle shop dreaming of all the money I was not making from all of the customers I didn't have when my mobile phone rang. I looked to see who it was and saw my good friend Captain Charles' name. I answered with the usual "Hello Captain", to which he replied,"you wanna go for a fish this afternoon". Now usually when he says that it means he wants to eat fish and will drive the boat while I get to fish. Not this time. He says, "I have a couple of guys that want to go for a fish, do you want to take them?" I ponder this for exactly 1.5 seconds and respond sure why not. After all I was not rolling in customers.
Within 20 minutes I was at the jetty with all the gear and meeting my guests,

Denis and Christina Kay
From august5charter
Theo and Youlla Eriunidis.
From august5charter
As we pull away from the jetty, Capt. Charles is at the wheel and I have taken over as deckhand/host. Rosie, who usually does this job had to stay and watch the store.
It is about a 25-30 minute ride out the the reefs we are going to fish, so I sit down with my new angling friends and go over a few things about safety and not hooking me in the back or head with a lure.
We arrive at the reef and I give a few casting lessons and put Denis up at the bow and Theo at the stern. Lucky for me these two fellows are quick studies and are casting like pros in no time.
Unfortunately the fish gods were not shining their grace on us. Between a full moon and 25 knot winds we did not see a lot of action.

Denis landed a nice Bluefin Trevally on 30 lb.
From august5charter
We kept up the chatter and never lost hope. These two fellows put in the casting time and deserved more fish but it was not to be. The wind was relentless but every time we moved the boat Denis would get out on the bow and do a Leonardo DiCaprio "Titanic" impression, only his Kate Winslet decided it was way to rough to be out there so he did it alone.
In the end we had a good time despite a lack of fish as told by Theo's smile.
I hope to see this group again as it was quite enjoyable.

Tight lines


Source: xstreemfishing.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment