Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Guest Posts on No Debt Travel and Leaving a Job To Travel Around the World

Guest Posts on No Debt Travel and Leaving a Job To Travel Around the World
The last few months I've done guest posts about my trip. Check out these posts for a different perspective than you might have seen here.

I did a post for Briefcase To Backpack with Michaela and Sherry about losing my job and instead of picking up the want ads, I picked up my plane tickets.

Brian Peters: Transitioning from Briefcase to Backpack

An excerpt:
I didn’t know anyone personally who made a round-the-world trip, so I read a lot of blogs online and spent some time at Barnes and Nobles and Amazon reading. All I kept thinking was, “If these guys could do it, so can I.” That philosophy has not only followed me during the trip, but in other facets of my life as well. People who do seemingly extraordinary things are no different than you or me. They just had the determination to follow through on their dreams. Why can’t you?


Carmen from NuNomad talked to me about the no debt aspect of my trip.

Meet the Nomads - Brian - Around the World with No Debt!

An excerpt:
Anywhere on the continent of Africa I get mistaken for South African, Ghanaian, Moroccan, Senegalese, basically name any country there. While in Marrakesh, vendors called me ‘Barack Obama’ to get me to buy their goods or sit at their food stalls.

When walking through Marrakesh on foot the people would say, “Welcome to Marrakesh! So nice to have you here!” And they would honestly mean it.

The point: No matter your race, gender or nationality, go into any new situation with an open heart and mind and everything will be OK. Smiles and laughter are universal and the tools of any good traveler. Use them early and often.


Check out these friends of NoDebtWorldTravel.com for my guest posts and dig into their sites for fresh looks on travel and living overseas.

Random Blog Photo: Athens, Greece




No comments:

Post a Comment