Tuesday, October 20, 2009

DRIZZLE AND WAX JACKETS

DRIZZLE AND WAX JACKETS
In case some of you do not know what the word 'drizzle' means then it's other name is Scot's Mist!! It looks light and harmless but it contains tons of water which can seek out any dry piece of clothing. It can swirl in any direction, including upward, without the assistance of any breeze!
Yesterday Edinburgh was dark, depressing and from my window I could see the Mist lying over the whole town - set for the day, perhaps week even.
Thinking I would act sensibly for once and give fashion a wide berth,I actually wore my old wax jacket AND my French black beret!! But the water ran of the hood of the coat onto my hat and from there it ran down my nose!! Also the water dripped of the bottom edge of the jacket where my trousers were waiting to soak it all up!! I had thought it would be great not to have an umbrella as I had on the wax jacket but boy I wish I had. My legs felt like they were wearing weighted trousers as they had soaked up at least a couple of gallons of water.
This has caused my wonderful brain to come up with a new design for wax jackets. There should be a little 'gutter-like' turnup on the lower edge where the water would gather and then when it reaches a certain level it would make its way down a little overflow pipe and squirt out safely away from MY TROUSER LEGS!! OK, the draw back is that some passing pedestrians may be soaked but it is a risk I am willing to take.
Should I patent this idea? I trust you all not to nick my plan.
PS I discovered that 1st Lady had been to the bank dressed in...you guessed it.. wax jacket and beret!! Ah they do say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and that poor lass looks at me and knows what her future has in store for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment