Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A WEB OF DECEIT

A WEB OF DECEIT

For as long as I can remember I have been frightened of spiders. Well, not frightened exactly, more like terrified, scared witless, screamingly freaked out at the sight of ---spiders.
I have often been teased about this, but many well-minded friends and family have tried to reason me out of this phobia.
There reasoning is ' Spiders can't hurt you in the UK' 'Spiders are harmless and only help us by keeping down the fly population'
All this went in one ear and out the other and I continue to this day to be dreadfully frightened of those horrible 8 legged creatures. They can make me physically ill, and I have been known to look for complete strangers to rid me of the foul fiends.
But now, today I have not only been vindicated but have also been left more terrified than ever.
1st lady was gardening 3 days ago and got a bite on her thumb. She says she is absolutely sure it was the spider that she saw running away from the crime scene.
Now today we had to get an urgent appointment at the doctors as her thumb became infected and a sneaky, terrifying red line was making its way up the vein in her hand! She is now on anti-biotics and has to pay close attention to any further swelling or 'red line' progress!
How am I supposed to deal with this? It was bad enough to know that those disgusting creatures were out there with their sticky webs and ambushing techniques but now I know they are biting and poisoning us as well!!! EEEEEEEEEK
I think I want to admit myself into a padded non-insect cell! NOW

Source: www.scottishdiary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment