Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mom

Mom
As soon as I had finished posting about our trip, my sister-in-law called and told me that my mom was going to have surgery today. That set off a firestorm of emotions and prompted many skype calls and facebook messages. I really figured that I had a couple of days before I really had to worry about her going under the knife. Well, she just got out of surgery and seems to be doing pretty well. She will be in ICU for 24 to 48 hours and then back to her regular room. I held up pretty good till I spoke with her over the phone while they were taking her to surgery. I haven't cried like that in a long time. It was just something I didn't expect. Now, we just have to pray for a speedy and safe recovery. The doctor said that there didn't seem to be anything else wrong with her except for the enlarged spleen, so that is great news.

The links of communication were great tonight with my family keeping me informed via;facebook, skype, email, and cell phones calls and text messages.

I am going to crash and try to get a few hours of sleep in before I have to work at 1pm. I will definitely sleep better knowing that she is out of surgery.
Source: mississippitokorea.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment