Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Walk in Edinburgh

A Walk in Edinburgh
The weather recently has been rather lovely, and, as Edinburgh is so suited for, I went for a walk yesterday, by the water of Leith, a river that runs through Edinburgh with 12 miles of path. Not that I walked that far really, I started in Stockbridge and walked to the Botanics via the river, maybe about a mile in all, then walked back to Stockbridge via the Orchard...

The rhododendrons in the Botanics were looking lovely, and visitors will find that all plants and wildlife are clearly signposted for identification purposes.

I had been sitting on a wall surrounding a pond for about 20 minutes when I realised a sign with Alchemilla vulgaris was about to be installed next to me. There was quite a lot of wildlife to be seen actually, and while walking by the Water of Leith I came upon this fellow...



Usually they run off whenever I stop to look at them, amazing creatures, but this one debated for a while and decided to stay. I asked for a side shot and he happily obliged... (this was his best side he said)

And, just as I told him that I really had to go, he started his best party tricks...

As I walked off I heard a SPLOSH, followed by a fluttering of feathers as he yelled to me 'the rock was wobbily'.

No comments:

Post a Comment