Sunday, August 30, 2009

Packing Carry-On Only for 3 Weeks Abroad: Video

Packing Carry-On Only for 3 Weeks Abroad: Video
Okay, okay. I've been inundated with emails, twitters and Facebook messages on how I pack for three-weeks in Europe with only carry-on luggage. First, let's get the immediate questions out of the way. Why do you only carry-on? Simple. Once, I spent 5 days in Marrakech, Morocco with only one outfit and no make-up because I checked my bags and they didn't make it till almost the last day. I ended up wearing the traditional Moroccan outfit.

Okay, okay. I’ve been inundated with emails, twitters and Facebook messages on how I pack for three-weeks in Europe with only carry-on luggage. First, let’s get the immediate questions out of the way.

Why do you only carry-on? Simple. Once, I spent 5 days in Marrakech, Morocco with only one outfit and no make-up because I checked my bags and they didn’t make it till almost the last day. I ended up wearing the traditional Moroccan outfit.

Moroccan outfits

What type of carry-on do you use and how big is it? I have a 22″ Tumi Carry On . It fits in the overhead compartment on every flight I’ve been on unless you expand it (which I never do).

What do you pack?

Here’s my St. Tropez packing list:

5-7 Dresses

5-7 Casual Shirts

3-5 Dressier Shirts

3-5 Shorts & Skirts

6-8 Bikinis (I love ‘em)

4-6 Swim Cover-ups

Undergarments, Socks

1-2 Pair of Heels, 1-2 Pair of Wedges, 2 Pairs of Flip-Flops

How heavy is your carry-on after it’s packed? Seems pretty heavy. But it’s usually less the the Delta suggested 40lb limit. To make sure it’s less than the limit I use a really cool and easy to use, digital luggage scale. (FYI: if you are not carrying on, this luggage scale can come in handy with the new fees that airlines are charging!)

Luggage Scale

Do you wash your clothing while traveling? We wash/dry clean whatever needs it, when it needs it. Sending it out is still easier than ending up with no clothing at all!

Okay. That handles most of the preliminary questions. Here’s a little video to show you exactly what I brought to St. Tropez this summer and how I packed it.


Source: feedproxy.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment