Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wives Tales

Wives Tales

We’ve all heard plenty of wives tales, and we all have to decide for ourselves whether or not something is worth believing.  When it comes to babies the wives tales are endless.  My grandma swears any baby that’s held more than 10 minutes at a time will be sore the next day, and sometimes I have to believe that one.  I see how fussy my daughter was the day after our big family Christmas dinner where she was passed from person to person.  The entire next day she screamed every time someone wanted to pick her up, but she was quite content just laying in her bassinet being left alone.

Another one I often wonder about is the wives tale about cold sores.  If you haven’t heard it the version I’ve heard says that if a baby isn’t kissed by anyone with a cold sore before their first birthday they’ll never have cold sores.  Is it true?  Honestly I don’t see how it’s true because cold sores are caused by herpes simplex virus. If you can catch herpes at any age I don't see why you can't catch cold sores at any age. What I do know is that I don't want anyone kissing my daughter if they have a cold sore no matter how old she is!



Source: informalcritique.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment