Thursday, March 4, 2010

Magnetic Magic

Magnetic Magic

Adam received this Klutz Book of Magnetic Magic ages ago and I just let him go through the experiments by himself.  Recently, Dova picked up the book and wanted to try the experiment with a glass jar and paper clips. 
Attach thread to paper clips and tape them to the bottom of a jar.  Stick a magnet to the underside of the lid and watch the paper clips magically suspend in mid air.
I didn’t want to deal with fishing out tape from the bottom of the jar afterwards, so I set up the experiment for them on the counter with a drinking glass.  It was an attempt to engage in a learning experience with the kids.  For a few moments, I felt like super mom, teaching my kids important lessons in magnetism.  Maybe I could even homeschool them!

We left the magnets and paper clips and went on to something else.  A little while later, I found this.



Oh well, so much for a learning experience.  At least our kids are a creative bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment