Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Gillette SatinCare In Shower Moisturizer Review

Gillette SatinCare In Shower Moisturizer Review

At Christmas my mom gave me a gift pack from Gillette that included a can of SatinCare shave gel, a Gillette Venus Embrace Razor, and a bottle of the new SatinCare In Shower Moisturizer in Lavender Kiss.  I have to say I absolutely love this new moisturizer! 

As I’ve mentioned plenty of times on this blog I have some seriously sensitive skin.  I just wrote about how even baby detergent caused me to break out!  Well, my super sensitive skin is also super dry skin, and pregnancy did nothing but make it worse.  My ob/gyn warned me that I would probably have skin problems until I stop breastfeeding, and since I plan to continue breastfeeding for as long as I possibly can (at least until those little teeth become a problem), I’ve been battling the extra dryness. 

My entire body is one dry itchy mess, and my knuckles are cracking and bleeding.  Even the various products I used throughout my pregnancy aren’t working anymore (including Eucerin and Aquaphor), so I was super excited when I tried the Satin Care Moisturizer, and it actually worked!

The website says

Get silky smooth legs right out of the shower with new SatinCare® Dry Skin In-Shower Moisturizer. This Dry Skin formula, with Shea Butter, helps lock in moisture. Simply smooth onto wet legs, rinse and pat dry to leave your skin feeling soft and silky.

Using the moisturizer is simple.  You shower as normal, and after you shave you smooth it on your legs, or in my case I smooth it on my entire body.  Then you just rinse it off.  I’m not sure if it helps any, but I let it sit on my body for about a minute before I rinse because I can use all the help I can get.  At first I felt kind of weird about it because the first time I used it I felt slimy after my shower.  After I toweled off the slimy feeling went away, and my skin felt great.  I’ve smoothed this stuff after every shower for 2 weeks now, and I can tell a HUGE difference in my skin.  My skin is still super dry, but it’s getting better.  I’m not itchy all over anymore, and my knuckles are starting to heal.  I smelled so good, too!  Hours after my shower Hubby came home from work and asked me what smelled so good.  He was quite pleased to find out it was me!

The only place I’m not smoothing this stuff on is my face. My chin acne is back in full force, so I really don't think it'd be a good idea to use it on my face. I'll stick with my regular daily moisturizer for that, but I'm sold on the Satin Care In Shower Moisturizer for the rest of my body.



No comments:

Post a Comment