Sunday, January 17, 2010

Shopping and Snow in Edinburgh

Shopping and Snow in Edinburgh
As I type it's pelting down with snow. Can snow pelt you ask? Well it did just a few minutes ago but it's stopped now (a few minutes have now passed since I spell checked that first sentence), I suppose there must have been some ice mixed into the flakes. The snow has now changed into huge light flakes, thickly swirling down and covering the rooftops in white. I have to leave soon and head into town for last minute Christmas shopping, I'm away in a few days you see, back to the good old USA, it'll be lovely to be back in Virginia.

Taking off for America.

Well anyway, I need to see what winter wear is in my drawers and get ready to go out into this winter wonderland. I really should take my camera as Princes Street and the castle will probably be looking quite pretty. Main priority - to keep warm!

And talking of shopping, for those of you in the UK you've surely heard the latest nonsense regarding a Christmas card removed from certain shops because it said "Santa loves all kids, even ginger ones". Why this has received so much TV coverage I dont know, why this card was every placed on the stands I dont know, all I can say to the card maker is this -

How stupid a card, I mean that's like saying "santa loves all kids, even common brown hair ones", or "santa loves all kids, even buck toothed ones", imagine! This card is surely worded and aimed at being given to a child, be silly to give an adult a card that said 'kid' on it, and even if you did hand a red headed adult this Christmas card, they would only laugh in amusement, and possibly even help you remove the crumpled up greeting card from your mouth. Red headed children do get teased and bullied for having red hair, we certainly dont need stupid cards like this. That's what it is, just stooopid.

Well, me and my red hair are off to flirt with common brown haired Lothian bus drivers who like red heads , shop.
Source: www.scottishdiary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment