Monday, January 25, 2010

Journal Pages – Things to Paint in London

Journal Pages – Things to Paint in London
"Since leaving Australia for Europe around the end of 2008 I have made an effort to document my travels in my art/diaries almost everyday and I am now up to my 6th [journal] in around a year and a half. "
Looking inside people’s journals is one of the most transparent ways of seeing how they perceive the world and transform their perceptions into writing and art.

ARTIST Daniel Worth wrote this about the following journal pages:

Since leaving Australia for Europe around the end of 2008 I have made an effort to document my travels in my art/diaries almost everyday and I am now up to my 6th [journal] in around a year and a half. I think having a journal is a special way to record personal ideas, experiences, visions and an invaluable source for my artwork. I now fantasise over having bookshelves full of my art journals when I am older and having an illustrated story of my life to look back on.

1.Notes: ‘Things to Paint in London – “I need to push and focus more or flake and get a job!”

2.Notes: “Painting note- more rhythm and distortion.”

3.Notes: “27/11/09 This Journal entry was done at a cafe in Amsterdam while sheltering from the rain, enjoying a hot chocolate and watching lots of people with and without umbrellas running around in the rain.”

community connection

To see more of Daniel Worth’s artwork and journal pages, please visit Daniel Worth Art.

Please send journal page submissions to david@matadornetwork.com


Source: feedproxy.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment