Thursday, November 12, 2009

How to keep a temporary foreign worker

How to keep a temporary foreign worker
(Source: Edmonton Pinoy)

Notice: Effective April 27, 2009, employers who wish to retain a Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) beyond the term of their current work permit must apply for a NEW LMO at least four months before the permit expires. Service Canada no longer issues Extensions to a Labour Market Opinion (LMO).

How can Alberta employers retain their temporary foreign workers?
There are two ways of keeping your temporary foreign workers on a permanent basis. Both ways require Alberta employers to offer a permanent job to a foreign worker, and both are designed to provide a permanent resident status for foreign workers.

The first way to keep a temporary foreign worker is through the Federal Skilled Worker Program and the second is through the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program.


No comments:

Post a Comment