Saturday, November 28, 2009

TRAM WORKS ( OR DO THEY?) MATHS SOLUTION GIVEN

TRAM WORKS ( OR DO THEY?) MATHS SOLUTION GIVEN
Not everyone knows that I, Lady Muck, am quite a Maths expert.
Having watched the frantic activity on Princes St over the last week ( as Posted by 1st Lady) I wondered why the constructors could complete so much more work in 5 days than they have in 5 months? I know that TIE etc would come up with the wonderful, set answer that it is very expensive to have soooo many men working at once but that then leads me on to this maths question.
If 10 men work for 10 hours at £10 per hour the cost would be £1000.
What would be saved if 5 men work for 20 hours at £10 per hour? Answer -£0
You get my point?
Not only would it not be any dearer to pay more men over a shorter period but ultimately there would be savings as the knock on disruptive state would not last as long and shops affected would lose less too.
Also I would like to point out that up till now if 5 men have been working on one little area, only 1 would be actually working and the other 4 seem to stand around either giving encouragement, or smoking a cigarette or leaning on a shovel. Last week 9 out of the 10 men actually seemed to be working and that includes the heavy machinery which has lain idle for months on end.
Come on TIE !! You could cut the time for completion by half if you just take my advice. ( given freely I may add!)

No comments:

Post a Comment