Thursday, November 26, 2009

What is it about Edinburgh cyclists

What is it about Edinburgh cyclists
I yelled at a cyclist the other morning. We pedestrians had a green man to help us cross the busy Queen street and this cyclist who should have been stopped at the red light turned left into us, I yelled HAY as he passed, a little louder than I had planned because I had been listening to my MP3 and combining that with a cold, well my voice was extremely loud and quite rough. The burly builder type guy walking next to me wearing one of those fluorescent yellow vests and a few city worker type folks turned around and looked at me, me! I expected applause from my fellow pedestrians, or at the least a little help with the cyclists flogging, but no! They all walked on, wondering whether I had tourettes syndrome I suppose. If the cyclist had dismounted and walked through us that would have been fine, but he cut in front of us! This'll explain better -


You all would have been on my side surely?


No comments:

Post a Comment