Friday, January 15, 2010

An Inspired Creation: Pineapple Jam Cake

An Inspired Creation: Pineapple Jam Cake


I found the pack of frozen canned pineapple cubes and I thought of cooking them into a jam as usual. When the jam was finally cooked, I just couldn't be bothered to get on with making the pastry dough for Pineapple Tarts. Adapting my Pound Cake recipe as usual (which works wonders for any fruit-based cake) without any other flavouring besides a few dashes of vanilla essence.

After that, I wondered if I should make it into a tin cake or muffins? I chose the latter since it was easier. Making Muffins using cake batter just rounds up the flavour of the cake in a cup. I spooned half the batter into each cup, then a dollop of Pineapple Jam (since I did not want burnt Jam on top of the cake) and topped it off with more batter.

When the muffins were done, I simply drizzled the Pineapple Syrup reduction (remember the syrup from the canned Pineapples can be reduced and then frozen for future uses!) on each cake to make a sticky gooey and flavourful Pineapple Jam Cake.

Result: I reduced the quantity of sugar in the actual cake batter because I knew the final product will be rather sweet and I was right. Served hot or cold, this cake is spells P-I-N-E-A-P-P-L-E! Very light texture and yet the hidden jam lent enough flavour to the overall cake. I would love to add a little lemon next time perhaps as stock syrup to brush the tops of each muffin.

That's all. Hope you'll try it out too!

Source: feedproxy.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment