Monday, December 28, 2009

Where I work: Shrigleys

Where I work: Shrigleys

I had to go to the bank today to deposit a cheque which was great because I was a couple of days behind on my weekly lunch break!

I decided to get a carb-rich lunch (for no other reason than I felt like it) and so I went to Shrigleys which is half way up Borough High Street.

I think what I love most about Shrigleys is their friendliness.  They call to you the minute you walk in and they invite you to take a seat in such a way that you can’t possibly refuse (well, I couldn’t).  So I got out my book (I’ve moved on to The Host) and had some tea while I waited for my cheese and bacon baked potato to arrive.  It was yummy and only cost £3.20.

I’m getting quite good at this lunch thing.  I think it is all to do with reading such good books lately that it pains me to work for too long without taking time to read!!

Apparently the weather is going to turn this week and our ridiculously warm and sunny autumn will come to an end, to be replaced by more typical wet and windy weather.  Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.  I must dry clean my winter coat (yes, I know, I should have done that about 8 months ago but I didn’t).


No comments:

Post a Comment