Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Get a Banging beach body now with Super Human Mark Briggs of P90X Plus

Get a Banging beach body now with Super Human Mark Briggs of P90X Plus
1. How did you get involved in P90X and wind up being in a video working out with Tony Horton? Everything started for me back in 2002. Being miserably out of shape, I bought the Power 90 program off of the informercial. From there, Slim in 6 was my next program. I ended up being selected as one of the success story winners from Slim in 6, and that won me a trip to Hollywood. My last night there, I met Tony during a dinner party. He had just finished running his first test group through P90X, and he told me all about the program. Tony's and my personalities just clicked, and we became fast friends. Not long after, P90X came out and I was among the first 100 Beachbody customers to go through P90X (which gave me some incredible results). From there, I attended a few of Tony's fitness camps, and our friendship continued to grow. Then, in 2007, he called and told me that Beachbody wanted to cast me in the P90X+ series......the rest was history.
Mark Briggs Before & After Photo

Mark Briggs Before & After Photo


1. How did you get involved in P90X and wind up being in a video working out with Tony Horton?

Everything started for me back in 2002.  Being miserably out of shape, I bought the Power 90 program off of the informercial.  From there, Slim in 6 was my next program.  I ended up being selected as one of the success story winners from Slim in 6, and that won me a trip to Hollywood.  My last night there, I met Tony during a dinner party.  He had just finished running his first test group through P90X, and he told me all about the program.  Tony’s and my personalities just clicked, and we became fast friends.  Not long after, P90X came out and I was among the first 100 beach body customers to go through P90X (which gave me some incredible results).  From there, I attended a few of Tony’s fitness camps, and our friendship continued to grow.  Then, in 2007, he called and told me that Beachbody wanted to cast me in the P90X+ series……the rest was history.

2. P90X is really amassing a cult following – why do you think that is?

Quite simply, because it works.  With all the garbage out there being sold on infomercials, it’s refreshing to have products that actually deliver what they promise.  Every program that Beachbody releases is a winner – and they all give people the results that they are looking for.  What sets P90X aside from most other programs is the intensity.  It’s more challenging than anything else out there – so the results are much more dramatic than anything on the market.  You take an average person, provide them with a detailed diet guide and incredible workouts, and the end result is super-fit ripped people!!  Who WOULDN’T want to do P90X?!

3. Is it true that the P90X series that people are buying is now 6  years old and is still selling like gang busters?  What are your thoughts on that?

P90X rolled out to the public in 2004.  Initially, it didn’t do very well in the test market (except for those of us who were dedicated Beachbody customers, and we KNEW it was a hit).  As more and more people started doing the program and getting exceptional results – more and more people started buying it.  Here we are in 2009, and P90X is the number 1 infomercial in the country.  There are Pro Athletes and celebrities clamouring to get their hands on it, and now THEY are enjoying the results of Tony’s in-home boot camp.  I see it continuing to grow in popularity and it makes me anxious to see some other programs that Tony will follow up with (for it).  With the growing number of people who are now hooked on high-intensity workouts, I can see more programs coming to “raise the level”.

4. What was it like shooting the plus series and what is the best way to incorporate that series into the P90X routine?

It was an incredible experience shooting the X+ series with Tony Horton and Traci Morrow.  Once I turned my fitness around and got REALLY fit, it was a goal of mine to be able to one day be in a video workout with Tony.  To be part of something that has such a positive impact in so many lives was an absolute honor.  The P90X+ series comes with a detailed program guide, so all anyone would have to do is follow the instructions.  Just like the original P90X series – P90X+ delivers the “autopilot” guide to success.

5. P90X is obviously a very aggresive program – would you say that it’s primarily for people that are in good shape already and want to get into great shape?

P90X is not really intended for beginners, but Tony and “the kids” did such a great job of providing modifications, someone that is in less than peak shape CAN get through it.  By the end of their 90 days, they’ll look and feel like a whole new person…..and that’s a beautiful thing.

6. What type of workout do you do when traveling (what sort of equip do you bring with you)?

When I’m traveling, I do P90X workouts.  I always bring resistance bands with me, and I’ve worked out in person enough with Tony that I can come up with a strength, cardio, or flexibility workout on the fly – with no equipment at all.  I’m all about thinking outside of the box, and I always reach for the next higher level (of intensity).  Some of the best workouts I’ve had were at times when I was on the road (and with little or no equipment).


7. Your body is shredded.  Would you mind giving us a sample of your daily diet from start to finish for one day?

Let me start by saying that I no longer count calories, and I don’t measure the amount of food I eat, so these are going to be ballpark estimates on quantities.  ;)   Now, this is just a staple of one day, but I eat very close to the same things on a daily basis.  Breakfast, for example, is always the same for me, and ALL of the ingredients are mixed together.  When it comes to fluid intake, I drink either water (1 liter per 50 lbs of bodyweight), green tea, and occasionally (but rarely) 1 cup of coffee.

Breakfast

  • Oatmeal (approx. 1.5 cups)
  • Whey Protein Powder (varied brands), 2 scoops, 48 grams of protein
  • Creatine Ethyl Ester powder (4 grams)
  • Flax seed (2 tablespoons)

AM Snack

  • Fruit (apple or banana – any fruit is fine)
  • Cliff Energy Bar or Cascadian Farms organic granola bar

Lunch

  • 1 lbs of vegetables (varies from day to day)
  • (2) Morning Star Vegetarian burgers

PM Snack

  • Protein Shake (mixed with water/ice), 2 scoops, 48 grams of protein or Greens Plus Protein Bar
  • Cascadian Farms Organic Granola Bar

Dinner

  • Bag (1 lbs) of Spinach
  • 1 can of Albacore tuna or salmon
  • 1 cup of diced tomatos
  • 1 cup of Black Bean Pico De Gallo
  • Salsa or Balsamic Vinegar

PM Snack

  • Shakeology
  • 2 scoops of Whey Protein Powder (48 grams of protein)

*NOTE*  I would like to point out that quantities above may vary slightly from day to day based on how I’m feeling.  In time, you will learn to read your body and know if you need to increase or decrease your intake slightly.  On days that I train in double sessions (for example), my food intake is almost always higher – simply because of the additional caloric burn.*

On occasion, if I’m really hungry within that 3 hour window of bed time, I’ll have one additional Protein Shake (always mixed with just water and ice).  Because I eat a Pescatarian diet (fish and veggies), and I do not consume dairy, I supplement quite a bit as well.  Without getting too specific, below is a summary of my supplements:

  • P90X Multivitamins
  • Flax Oil Capsules
  • Thermogenic Fat Burners
  • Calcium with Vitamin D
  • CLA
  • Ginko Biloba
  • St. John’s Wort
  • Alfalfa (for joints – VERY cheap alternative to Glucosamine/Chondroitin)


8. What is your biggest challenge in maintaining your body?

At this point in the game, it’s pretty easy for me to maintain my body.  I always try to improve on my strength, flexibility, and endurance – but as far as appearance, I’m right where I want to be.  I don’t have too many urges for bad foods anymore, so I’m pretty much on autopilot. I’m walking around at about 5% bodyfat year round – and that’s where I feel the best.

9. Do you have a cheat day? If so, would you mind describing it for us.

I may have a cheat meal every now and again, but it’s been about 8 months since my last one – pizza remains my favorite splurge food, but when I have it, it’s always whole wheat thin crust, loaded with veggies, and no cheese.  Does that really count as a splurge meal?

10. What do you wish that people really “got” regarding the P90X program (or perhaps understood better)?

The fact that it is a lifestyle change.  A lot of people do their first round of P90X and tell me that they had pretty good results, but they didn’t really follow the diet guide.  To really reap the full benefits of P90X, you HAVE to follow the diet guide and workout with as much intensity as you can.  Its not just about looking good, its about feeling good as well.  When you workout and eat clean, every aspect of your life will improve.

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to share my perspective with you.  Fitness has opened more opportunities in my life than you would believe.  My entire life perspective changed once I found health and fitness – all the way down to my career…..which is now full-time fitness coaching for Team Beachbody.

11) Mark what’s the best way  for people to stay in touch with you?

The best way to get in touch with me is through my blog Mark Briggs Fitness.

###########

On another note, the response to our new product Secrets of Succesful Muses has been incredible! In fact, we crashed the server when we launched the video.

Yes, I know it was a bit racy, but we wanted to get your attention :) If you havent seen it yet go here.

If you haven’t added your name to the Early Alert List do it today, because it’s the only way for you to be eligible for the special deeply discounted 24 hour pricing when we launch on July 16th live from St Tropez.

Sign up now for the

Early Alert list…

First Name:
Primary Email:
Choose Which List You Want:

Want even more details? Go here.


Source: www.jetsetlife.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment